Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Windows Power Toys

I have to use XP on my school laptop, which I hate. But I just found some gadgets that allow more customization and thought I would pass it along- you can get them here http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx

The one I found most useful is desktop management which will allow you to have multiple desktops like you were a person working in the 21st century. Unfortunately no cool compiz cube effects, but at least now I dont have 6,000 windows open all the time.

Anyone having other knowledge of how to make xp not suck please comment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you use otherwise? Mac OS X?

Scotty P said...

Good god no- I'm not a communist. Vista/Ubuntu Intrepid

Ryan Ricard said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daviderickson/718933691/

I thought I was the only debater nerdy enough to use Ubuntu. Now you are the 2nd other person I know.

Do you have a good ev template for OpenOffice?

Anonymous said...

Vista sucks, I would kill for XP :(

Scotty P said...

My position was always I used a windows machine because for a certain price a windows computer is usually always more powerful- with a mac you are paying for ease of use. It was then pointed out that a similar comparison could be made of windows to linux. I haven't used it for debate work yet because I haven't been able to get my mouse software to work, so I can't use the extra programmable buttons.

Hatred of vista really doesn't make sense to me, it does everything XP does just a little differently. Usually the difference is an improvement.