Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Please Use Stable URL's

There is nothing more annoying them when I am getting a cite, and I see someone was kind enough to include the complete web address and its like www.cnbc.com/news/usa/topstories/reporting/94584520394203423984209349258457#/editorial-johanson.html

and I type that whole thing out, spend like 5 minutes double checking that I got all the numbers right, and then it doesn't work. Sometimes its cause I screwed up, but a lot of times its because people didn't link the stable URL- it was a front page news story or something and they just cut and pasted the URL in their browser.

GET THE STABLE URL!

1 comment:

Ryan Ricard said...

Sometimes it's hard to get a stable URL, but it's not like it's hard to test whether a URL works.

-Open new browser.
-Copy / paste url
-Are you at the article?

If not, keep looking ("printable version" sometimes works better)